Raffles are a sure fire way to get people involved in fundraising. Drum up some donated prizes then sell tickets to friends, family, neighbours and colleagues.
You’re onto a winner
Generating prizes can be a doddle if you are bold enough to ask and keep it nice and personal:
- Ask your friends and family if they have any unwanted gifts to donate.
- Post a request on social media – and don’t forget to include business networks such as LinkedIn as well as Facebook and Twitter.
- Go along and ask in local businesses – if they meet you in person and you have a chance to explain where the money is going they are more likely to say yes.
- Encourage your friends and colleagues to offer things that cost nothing. Perhaps they could offer to help with DIY for an hour, give a French class or lend out their beach hut for a day.
- Don’t be afraid to just pick up the phone and ask – people often want to help if you just make it easy for them.
You can find out more about Wear It. Beat it. as well as get lots of free tools when you register for your free fundraising kit. And for advice on paying in raffle money check out our paying pages bhf.org.uk/pay-in