Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by BHF subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
BHF reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to BHF are provided “as is”, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will BHF be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages or loss of profits whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
BHF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs, nor do we guarantee the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
The British Heart Foundation name and logo, ‘Take Heart’, and ‘Artie Beat’ are trademarks of the British Heart Foundation. The names, images and logos identifying the BHF or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the BHF and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions or on the BHF website may be construed as conferring any licence or right under any trademark or patent of the BHF or any third party.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from BHF. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by BHF to use any item displayed.
Documents on this site may be copied for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not BHF). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
BHF takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites. The existence of a link from any organisation’s site to the BHF site does not imply that the BHF endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Linking to the British Heart Foundation website can help communicate valuable information to patients, medical professionals, volunteers and other interested parties about heart disease and related issues. It is not necessary to request permission to link to the BHF website, although we reserve the right to request the removal of any link. The BHF logo may not be used without prior written permission, which may be requested by emailing us. A link to the BHF site must not be used to imply BHF endorsement of the site, related products or services. Your site must not conflict with the aims of the BHF.
The BHF website includes links to external websites. We receive many link requests and only link to sites which we believe provide useful information that will be of interest to our users. We will contact you if we decide to add a link to your site. All requests will be either granted or refused at the discretion of the BHF online team. We will not enter into any correspondence about decisions. If you would like to request a link to your site please contact us
Fundraising Standards Board: FRSB logo
The BHF is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board. This is because we are committed to the highest standards in fundraising and strive to always work in a way that is effective, open and honest. We are dedicated to raising funds in the most cost effective ways in order to beat heart disease.
The Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) is an independent board that has been set up to help people to give to charitable organisations with confidence. The board’s primary function is to deal with complaints about fundraising activity from members of the public.
By joining the Fundraising Standards Board we agree to adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Standards Board Fundraising Promise.
Any questions regarding this site should be sent to Digital Team, British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London NW1 7AW or please contact us.
Donation refund policy
If you have made a donation in error please call the Supporter Services team on 0844 847 2787 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) and they will be happy to refund this for you.
The British Heart Foundation online community is a public forum so can be viewed by anyone searching the internet and posts will be indexed by search engines such as Google. Therefore, please be careful what you post – do not post anything confidential, contact details or personal information which could put yourself or someone else at risk. We hope you will make friends within the community but do not share personal information unless you absolutely trust that person is genuine. If you plan to meet anyone you have befriended on the internet, never go alone and always meet in a public place. Please read the BHF community guidelines for more information.
By submitting a photo as part of Wear It. Beat It., you are confirming:
- that the BHF is authorised to use the photograph/image submitted by you for this year and next year’s campaign, and any other items including, but not limited to its printed publications, website items, display materials and press releases, without limitation of time and not restricted to this event;
- that we are also authorised to use the photograph/image on social media sites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter; and
- that you are fully entitled to give this authorisation on behalf of everyone that appears in the photo/image, including full parental/guardian consent for anyone under the age of 16.
- That you will not submit any inappropriate material and in the event of this occurring, it will be rejected immediately.
Image consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying BHF in writing, however, once information is placed on the internet, we do lose a degree of control over the distribution and retrieval of such information. Therefore please keep this in mind when providing consent. You understand and agree that that the British Heart Foundation will not be required to stop using material that is already produced or recall material that is already in circulation, but that you will be able to request that we do not use your story or photo in any future publications or campaigns.
Text to donate
This is a charity donation service for the BHF. Texts cost £3 + 1 standard rate msg. The BHF will receive 100% of your donation. To opt out of calls text NOCALL BHF, or opt out of sms text NOSMS BHF to 70060, or if you have any questions about your gift call 02032827862
Wear It. Beat It. Survey – Prize Draw
- The Promoter is British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road London, NW1 7AW (Promoter).
- To be entered into the free give away you must have completed the Wear it. Beat it. survey form by midnight on 24 April 2016.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The prize is a £100 voucher for Radley.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the prizes or cancel the draw at any time.
- The free give away is only open to people aged 18 or over and resident in mainland Britain.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The winners will be notified by email of their prize no later than the end of May 2016. Only the winners will be notified and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters.
- If we are unable to make contact with the winner within 3 days of the draw, the BHF reserves the right to select a substitute winner. The free give away will delivered to winners by post no later than the end of May 2016
- The free give away is not open to employees of British Heart Foundation, their families, agents, or affiliates of BHF, or anyone involved in the administration of this free give away.
- Completing the Wear it. Beat it. survey form and providing your details will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any data collected is for the purposes of administering the draw only. We will only use your data in accordance with your stated data protection preferences held by BHF.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the free give away.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility or liability for any lost or damaged prizes.
- Entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details they provide are up to date and accurate.
- By completing the Wear it. Beat it. survey form you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.